Monday, November 29, 2010

Sweating To the Oldies???

We all know it.  We have all heard it before.  You simply cannot live in 2010 without feeling like you are some convict if you are not engaged in some sort of rigorous physical activity at least three times per week.  I can't help it but my mind is instantly taking me to images of that guy with curly hair that "Sweats to the oldies".  Or, what about that lady with practically no hair...Susan Powter? 


 For me, I am just so busy.  The demands of life are, well tremendous at times.  My two younger angels are made from some other planet; their energy is endless and they never need to recharge.

On the other hand, I do!  I need my eight hours of sleep.  I wouldn't mind a nap either, if I ever could.  I find myself drinking coffee to energize. Yes, that works wonders in the morning.  But what do I do at about; oh say at two or three pm when I'm crawling on the floor with the kids- not because they crawl anymore but because I can't stand up?  No, actually I'm joking.  Luckily it's not that bad yet.  But you know what I mean…


So I was thinking.  Many productive, busy people have the time to workout.  Even the President of the United States of America works out!  Can I do it?  Actually, I have been doing it for the past few weeks (and limping around on one leg while chasing kids is not cute) and I'm starting to get over being really sore.  So now I’m fully committing to working out five times per week.  Even with my busy schedule.  I’m just tired of the same old excuses and I’m tired of how I feel when I just expect my body to somehow take care of me when, I’ve done nothing for her.  Since I’m in what is kind of like an arranged marriage with my body, I’m going to try and do my best to take care of my better half in hopes to get along better in the world. 

December is going to be a trial for me to see if it will work.  Even though it is packed with a kids birthday, two family member's birthdays, my birthday, Christmas and New Year’s (Oh, what am I thinking!) I think, or at least I’ve heard it can help reduce stress. What do you think?  Want to do it with me? Maybe we won’t have to run to the nearest caffeinated company to reclaim our day.  So, if energy is all I get, then let's roll!  Or, I should say run.

No comments:

Post a Comment