Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Desserts

I've seen something like these several times now in the Martha Mags. and thought how fun and beautiful it would be to attempt these desserts.  So today I felt particularly compelled to make these desserts.  The Crostata is cooking in the hot, aroma filled oven and we've long since tasted the pie.  As I sit here and type the hot air around me is filled with a rich, buttery aroma.  I know these desserts are NOT healthy!  The way I see it, Thanksgiving is but a few days away and this year I am not cooking.  I feel compelled to at least thrust myself deeply into the realm of cooking something long and time consuming- especially this time of year.  And so I did.

Comments on the Apple-Blackberry Pie with "Turkey" Pate Brisee-   Great!  Slightly sour, but not too much.  This dessert is definitely not too sweet.  I could see this going over really well after the big meal on Thanksgiving due to the blackberry imitating the cranberry in its tart-sour flavor.  Martha often uses leaves on her fall pies.  I do not have the leaf cookie cutters, but I did have a turkey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment